Add them to your oatmeal, meat-based dishes (they actually fit great) and salads, use them in your pastries, or eat them as a health-friendly sweet snack straight off the package, but no matter how you decide to consume them, these premium organic raisins will always satisfy your cravings for real moderately dried fruit. They are so big and chewy, smell so wonderful, and taste so amazing, that once you’ve tried them, you’d swap any candy for them.
Packed by Newman’s Own Organics right upon a customer’s order for maximum quality retention, the chubby sweet raisins are certified organic by Oregon Tilth, hence the grapes is free of any harmful chemicals that may jeopardize your well-being, and is not genetically modified.
An unquestionable priority of organic raisins over conventionally produced ones, is that their flavor is simply magnificent and mild, not like the sickening sweet-like processed raisins you typically find in the nearest supermarket.
Nutrition facts about raisins
- Raisins are a decent source of B group vitamins such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, plus they have smaller amounts of vitamin C, and vitamin K.
- Raisins are an excellent, natural mineral source. They deliver great amounts of manganese, copper, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and iron, plus they also contain smaller amounts of calcium, zinc, and selenium.
- The dried grapes is rich in dietary fiber, and is low in fat.
- Just like normal grapes, raisins are a host of specific polyphenolic antioxidants such as anthocyanin and resveratrol. There are also flavonoid constituents found present in raisins, compounds like tannins, catechins, and tartaric acid.
Organic raisins are beneficial to your health
- Resveratrol and anthocyanin have been shown to have anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, and anti-microbial properties, plus resveratrol has also shown potential in preventing strokes, and helping with degenerative issues like Alzheimer’s.
- Raisins’s flavonoids, fiber and inulin are the reason why the dried fruit has laxative qualities, promotes normal bowel movement and smooth digestion.
- Regular raisin consumption is connected to reduced blood pressure, less triglycerides, lower blood glucose levels, and lower LDL cholesterol. This was reported in 2013 in the “Journal of Food Science”.
- The delicious dried fruit has also proven itself as a natural libido stimulator that can fight sexual and erectile dysfunction. This is mainly due to a specific amino acid called arginine.
- Raisin is as great food for promoting healthy skin. The fruit’s antioxidants protect the derma from the inside by shielding elastin, collagen and skin cells. This slows down skin aging by reducing blemishes, wrinkles, and fine lines. Furthermore, raisins’ antioxidants boost the skin repair system and help rejuvenate skin cells.
- The resveratrol in raisins is beneficial to the skin too. This one of its perks is because it removes toxins from the blood to purify it.
- Some skin problems (like psoriasis, boils and blotches) can appear as a result of Acidosis, which is a type of blood toxicity. Neutralizing stomach acidity is essential to curing acidosis, which can be done with higher doses of magnesium and potassium, both of which are found in generous amounts in raisins. Furthermore, the dried fruit contains vitamins E and A, which also help boost new skin cell production and hydration in the outer layers of the skin.
- Black raisins consumption improves the liver functions, and its ability to detoxify the body.
- Raisins are good for hair health. This property is due to the fact that the dried fruit delivers nutrients like potassium, iron, B vitamins, and other antioxidants that are needed for a good hair condition.
- Are you looking for a healthy way to gain weight without accumulating bad LDL cholesterol? Then raisins are a must. Like other dried fruits, they contain glucose, fructose and natural energy, which athletes may take advantage of before or after a training session. Besides that, raisin’s nutrients do a good job helping other nutrients in the body become more absorbable, which improves your overall energy levels and immune system strength.