Delivering an abundance of nutritious goodness, the freeze-dried organic red raspberries by Nature’s All Foods is a great choice for snack time or kids’ lunches at home or school. They are perfect for promoting a healthy lifestyle and are jam-packed full of nutritional value. The producers select only the highest quality raspberries available, which are 100% organic and freeze-dried to lock in the flavor while enriching the antioxidant benefits. The product is Kosher, suitable for vegan and vegetarian diets, as well as appropriate for low calorie diets. Lightly crunchy for that extra taste punch, these dried fruits offer mess free consumption, making them suitable for traveling or camping. Packaged within a convenient grab-and-go-style pouch, they are the perfect healthy snack for your everyday eating regime and busy lifestyle.
Nutrition facts about raspberries
Though being a small fruit, the raspberries pack an impressive number of health-strengthening nutrients. A 123g serving of fresh raspberries contains: 32.23mg vitamin C (43% DV), 0.11mg copper (12.2% DV), 0.40mg pantothenic acid (8% DV), 0.92mg manganese (41% DV), 9.59mcg vitamin K (10.7% DV), 7.99g dietary fiber (32% DV), 2.34mcg biotin (7.8% DV), 27.06mg magnesium (6.8% DV), 0.15g omega 3 fatty acids (6.2% DV), 25.83mcg folate (6.5% DV), 1.07mg (ATE) vitamin E (7.1% DV), 185.73mg potassium (5.3% DV). Besides that, raspberries are a superb source of antioxidant phytonutrients and offer many flavonoids, anthocyanins, phenolic acids, stilbenoids, lignans and tannins. At last, but not least, there are concentrated amounts of cyanidins, pelargonidins and ellagitannins (such as ellagic acid).
Health benefits of raspberries
- The phytonutrients of raspberries are provided in high enough amounts that they can protect us against oxidative stress and the threats of excessive inflammation. The antioxidant compounds help regulate the activity of enzymes that could abet inflammation exterminate free radical molecules. Therefore, the phytonutrients in raspberries help lower the chance of developing a chronic disease, originating from chronic inflammation and chronic oxidative stress (like hypertension, type 2 diabetes and atherosclerosis).
- To boot, the ellagic acid found present in the berries deserves to receive some spotlight as an anti-inflammatory constituent, as it has been shown to inhibit excessive activity of particular pro-inflammatory enzymes, as well as their overproduction.
- Because of the antioxidant potency of raspberries, it’s not a surprise that they’re regarded as a cancer-preventative food. More circumstantial studies disclose that the anti-cancer qualities of raspberries go beyond their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant character. That’s because phytonutrients in the berries might be able to seize signals that are sent to existing or potential cancer cells. In the first case, phytonutrients such as ellagitannins might be able to lower cancer cell numbers by sending inducing signals that cause apoptosis (programmed cell dissolution). In the second case of potential cancer cells, the phytonutrients may be able to trigger signals that urge non-cancerous cells to remain such.
- Newest researches emphasize on raspberries’ type 2 diabetes and weight management properties. During the studies, the scientists found that these beneficial qualities are mostly due to 2 of raspberries’ compounds: a flavonoid named tiliroside and rheosmin (a.k.a ketone).
- In obese people with type 2 diabetes, tiliroside may help to improve the balance of blood sugar, insulin and blood fat. When it comes to obesity, by increasing oxygen consumption, enzyme activity and heat production in concrete types of fat cells, rheosmin can boost the work of our metabolism, hence we might be less likely to hold fat in our fat cells, and use the already stored fat. Better fat cell metabolism also means possible reduction of the number of pro-inflammatory messaging molecules, made by the fat cells. Furthermore, rheosmin can lower the activity of a fat-digesting enzyme named pancreatic lipase (produced by the pancreas). The result – less absorbed and digested fat.Last but not least, these dried organic raspberries are truly delicious and eating them may lead to improvement of your current mental condition.