Kick start you day with the delightful roasted nutty flavor of the Alvita Dandelion root tea. It’s made using the highest-quality organic dandelion root, which has been roasted and ground to perfection. Dandelion root teas have been used as a traditional herbal supplement to help fight various diseases. Add a spot of lemon, a splash of milk or enjoy it pure, add your own twist to this fine fragrant tea! Dandelion is very rich in beta-carotene, which our bodies convert into vitamin A. More featured vitamins in the herb are vitamin C, D and B complex vitamins. The minerals that are present in dandelion are calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, phosphorous and zinc and organic sodium. Fiber and protein are also a part of dandelion’s nutritional profile.
Each English pillow style tea bag contains 2 grams of dandelion root tea to enjoy with your breakfast or with your afternoon snack. It’s perfectly safe for vegans and those who are on a gluten-free diet.
Health Benefits of Dandelion:
- The weed-like superherb is a diuretic that efficiently supports the liver function. It removes toxins, renews the electrolyte balance and hydration.
- Dandelion root eases digestion by acting as a mild laxative and balances the “good” bacteria in the intestines.
- Dandelion leaves are notably rich in phytonutrients and antioxidants that battle cancer by slowing the growth of the tumor. The antioxidants destroy the free radicals in the body that can cause damage to our DNA.
- This natural dietary supplement is used for kidney prophylaxis, as it helps the kidneys to excrete salt, excess water and waste.
- Those having problems with blood pressure could benefit from dandelion, because the potassium and fiber that are found in it and its capabilities of increasing the urination, can help lower high blood pressure.
- Recent experiments showed that the herb can decrease and control the bad cholesterol.
- Other studies point that dandelion battles fungi and microbes, thus strengthening the immune system.
- Dandelion helps with gallbladder problems and blockages by increasing the bile production and reducing inflammation.
- The health-promoting herb may regulate blood sugar and insulin levels.