Besides Spirulina and Chorella, there is another ancient blue-green algae (Cyanobacteria) that humanity can very much benefit from and it’s called Klamath alga (also known as AFA – Aphanizomenon flos-aquae). Algae originated billions of years ago and are old as life itself. They are one of the first life forms capable of photosynthesis so they quickly became a staple food for all living things on Earth. When consumed, this amazingly nutritious seaweed provides oxygen, beneficial compounds, essential nutrients and pure life energy. This is all a result from the sunlight transforming the carbon dioxide contained in algae. The Aztec, Mayan and Toltec tribes, as well as ancient Chinese healers have carefully cultivated the wondrous algae for thousands of years because they had realized their impressive life-sustaining properties. The AFA freshwater seaweed is harvested in the Klamath Lake located east of the Cascade Range in Oregon, the United States. The edible algae uses the nitrogen in the water to create an immense bloom, eliminating other blooms so the water’s microphyte volume is nearly 100% AFA. The organic Klamath blue-green algae crystals give you the opportunity to intake one of the most nutrient-rich restorative foods known to the humanity, and it’s all thanks to the Synergy Company.
Picture credit: klamathvalley.com
Nutrition facts and health benefits of Klamath algae:
- The chemical structure of Klamath algae differs from the ones of Chlorella and Spirulina, because the Klamath Lake has one of a kind growing environment which ensures valuable characteristics found in no other algae. The Klamath Lake lies in a very old, mineral-rich volcanic bed. That’s why the algae grown in it are a superb source of naturally occurring minerals. The richest chlorophyll source on Earth is namely this nutritious seaweed that can photosynthesize better than any other plant species. The pyrrol in chlorophyll is identical to the one found in hemoglobin, which is the reason why the seaweed can help in building of blood. The chlorophyll-rich super-food aids in battling liver cancer, skin cancer and leukemia.
- AFA is similar in structure to soft bacteria with chlorophyll, phycocyanin and other pigments. Phycocyanin can reach 15% of the algae’s net dry weight from each harvest which is almost twice the phycocyanin found in spirulina. It prohibits the growth of some cancer colonies, battles chronic inflammation, reduces inflammation of the colitis, protects against free-radical damage (since it’s an antioxidant), fortifies the liver, assists in rejuvenating stem cells and the generation of neurotransmitters.
- Just like bacteria, the blue-green seaweed is a prokaryote because it lacks a membrane-bound nucleus. The genetic code in Klamath micro algae (RNA or DNA) is easily absorbed and processed by our intestinal flora (friendly digestive system bacteria). This helps the intestinal bacteria, hence the human body to digest and link with the eons-old info contained within blue-green algae, allowing us to fortify our immune system and to adapt to environmental changes more easily.
- The amazing Klamath alga is very rich in easily digestible complete protein. In fact, 60% of the whole AFA composition is protein, with 18 amino acids available (amino acids are protein building blocks). In contrast to the lipoprotein in animal products that is far harder to digest, the protein and amino acids in the blue-green algae are in highly assimilable glycoprotein and amino acid peptide forms. Moreover, the AFA high quality fast digestible protein helps produce brain neurotransmitter faster which is essential for optimum brain health. In reference to all this, it’s only fair to say that algae protein takes a lot less energy to be used and digested. Your body needs protein to build, repair and maintain all body tissues (muscles, teeth, bones, heart, nerves, skin, liver, hair, glands etc.). The lack of protein is connected to slow healing, brain chemistry abnormalities and muscle weakness. On the other hand too much animal-based protein can lead to some cancer types, kidney disease and heart disease. That’s why it’s becoming clearer to people that plant-based protein sources are the healthier choice.
- Klamath algae crystals are an efficacious detoxification means, because of some of the amino acid peptides that stimulate the excretion of dangerous heavy metals from the body such as mercury, lead and cadmium.
- Like we’ve already mentioned, Klamath blue-green micro seaweed is an exceptional naturally-occurring mineral source. The minerals and trace minerals come from the constant stirring of almost 30 feet of mineral sediment at the bottom of the lake. The algae contain chromium, chloride, calcium, iron, copper, manganese, magnesium, sodium, potassium, phosphorous and zinc. Minerals are considered the atomic matrix of our body and like proteins, they too are necessary for the construction of each tissue, from the bones, all the way to the nervous system and the immune system. Mineral deficiency can lead to chronic and degenerative conditions.
- Besides minerals, this product is a rich vitamin source that provides you with excellent amount of beta-carotene (which is a precursor to vitamin A), vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin K, as well as many B group vitamins including Thiamin (B1), Riboflavin (B2), Niacin (B3), Pantothenic Acid (B5), Pyridoxine (B6), Choline, Biotin, Folic Acid (B9) and Cobalamin (B12).
- AFA is rich in docosahexanoic acid (DHA) and alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), both of which are essential Omega-3 fatty acids. Klamath algae’s beneficial omega fat is 50% of the whole fat oil content of the seaweed. Many people have a badly balanced omega fatty acid diet, by having excessive omega-6 levels and insufficient omega-3 levels, which may result in developing some diseases. That’s why AFA can help you balance your omega ratio. ALA and DHA attract immune cells to areas of injury, cellular damage and chronic pain, whilst soothing the inflammatory response therefore it’s considered a natural immunity booster. DHA is also vital for preventing attention deficit disorders, Alzheimer’s disease, autoimmune illnesses, depression, arthritis, low brain serotonin levels, skin disorders, cardiovascular disease and neurosis. Regular consumption of omega 3 fatty acids has been shown to improve the mood and strengthen the cardiovascular system.
- The ribonucleic acid (RNA) and deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) are 4% of the blue-green algae’s chemical composition. They have antiviral, antifungal and antimicrobial properties. The two nucleotides are used to repair damaged cells and tissues and construct new genetically healthy cells.
- AFA stimulates digestive wellness. Both living and cold-dried Klamath algae have thousands of enzymes that help assist our “enzyme cascade” which begins in digestion, continues through the assimilation of nutrients and ends in metabolism. The more healthy enzymes we consume via our diet, the more easily we will digest and metabolism the food itself.
- AFA has been proven to be toxin-free.