Being one of the best plants on Earth that will help you get a clean bill of health by doctors, the golden root has many beneficial qualities and can easily become one of your favorite herbal supplements. In case you decide to experience the wondrous effects of the super herb, the Micro Ingredients organic Rhodiola Rosea root powder is an excellent and easy way to take the plant in powdered form and take larger dosages if needed. Rhodiola Rosea has many names, some of which are: golden root, rose root, Aaron’s rod and king’s crown. Rhodiola grows in high and sandy regions, so it thrives very well in the mountain ranges in central Asia, the Alps, the Pyrenees, the Carpathians, in the Scandinavian countries and Britain.
Due to its health properties, we could pretty much classify it as a super-herb! Here’s what rhodiola’s most famous for:
- Alleviates stress, relieves tiredness and depression
- Improves the memory and boosts the psychological energy
- Accelerates the recovery after heavy physical activity
- Strengthens the reproduction system
Nowadays, many people use golden root as a natural antidepressant. The plant kind of provides a natural anti-stress therapy for those who need it. One of the main matters in Rhodiola are the rosavins that make the plant very beneficial to us.
More about the health benefits of Rhodiola Rosea:
– It’s a powerful “adaptogen” which means it helps the human body resist and adapt to chemical, physical and environmental stress. The herb increases the production of serotonin, while simultaneously suppresses the corticotropin-releasing hormone (the hormone involved in the stress response).
– Golden root is also a strong antioxidant with anti-cancer effects because it’s rich in polyphenols. Conducted experiments with patients who had been takening 3 different medications, proved that Rhodiola Rosea reduces their bad influence on the liver while raising their anticarcinogen properties. Healthy people can use the herb as a classic antioxidant – it protects the nervous system from oxidative stress, caused by free radicals.
– The rose root stimulates the psychological activity. Russian scientists made some studies in the late 60’s and later in the 80’s to learn more about how the plant increases the bioelectrical activity of our brain. It stimulates the production of the neurotransmitters serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine in the central nerve system. Namely that’s the reason Rhodiola is efficient at improving mood and alleviating depression (by which the levels of the mentioned matters are low). But totally healthy people can benefit from the plant too. They will have their cognitive functions (thinking, planning, analyzing) maximized, as well as memory, concentration and perception. It’s assumed that the golden root can influence positively on memory disorders, related to advanced age.
– Rhodiola Rosea enhances the physical capacity. Examinations with sportsmen and people who don’t do physical activity, show that the herb increases the physical ability and tremendously shortens the recovery time. Studies have also registered a stamina increase.
– The rose root betters the reproduction health. With this plant men have better chances of overcoming erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation, plus it also stimulates the prostate liquid. Women can use it to restore their menstruation caused by amenorrhoea (lack of period). The golden root also boosts the ovaries’ function and prepares the constitution for creating offspring.
It’s recommended that you take Rhodiola in the morning because of its energizing effects. It’s best absorbed when taken on an empty stomach, about 30 minutes before breakfast or lunch. The recommended Rhodiola dosage is 150-600mg daily.