The tropical fruit mangosteen (Latin name: Garcinia mangostana) grows on an evergreen tree native to Southeast Asia, and South American countries like Colombia, the Indian state of Karela, and Puerto Rico. This is many people’s favorite fruit, and for a reason, because it has an incredibly sweet and tangy taste.
If you wish to enjoy the full goodness of mangsoteen without necessarily buying fresh fruits, then the organic mangosteen powder should be appropriate for your liking. This product is created via low-temperature drying, and grinding the rind and the fruit itself to perfection. That’s how the real, natural taste and all the healthful constituents of mangosteen are preserved for the consumer. This is a huge perk for the people taking the premium mangosteeen powder, because the rind is a host of strong plant polyphenol nutrients called xanthones, which are one of the main reasons why this food has been used in traditional medicine for hundreds of years.
Use the organic fruit powder in your morning juice blends, smoothies, cereals, or add it to sweet course recipes to tremendously increase their delicious taste and nutritional value.
Nowadays, as we face a big problem regarding our food quality and pureness with all the GMOs, pesticides, hormones, and antibiotics being broadly used in plant-based nutrition and meat, there are still health-conscious companies like Sunfood Superfoods that are dedicated in producing real and clean food for the folk.
Health benefits of mangosteen
- Mangosteen holds anti-inflammatory properties, because of the polyphenol antioxidants xanthones that we mentioned above. They’re the reason mangosteen is a food, good for preventing cardiovascular and degenerative diseases, as well as mental issues. Because of all this, the fruit is a fine addition to an antioxidant rich diet.
- Compared to other fruits, mangosteen has the highest xanthone content. And because this compound is essential for repairing skin cells, we could say that mangosteen is a potent antiaging food.
- The antioxidant power of mangosteen is boosted by its high vitamin C content too. Vitamin C is essential for many things, from healthy skin and eyes, to resisting influenza and inflammatory processes in the body.
- Other beneficial vitamins and minerals, featured in the composition of mangosteen: vitamin B complex, vitamin A, calcium, iron and potassium.
- Maintaining a good blood flow is yet another perk of mangosteen, because the delicious fruit abets the production of red blood cells. To be more accurate, it causes blood vessels dilation. This is also helpful when you want to prevent illnesses like atherosclerosis, heart congestion, or high LDL cholesterol.
- Mangosteen is a very effective antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral food agent. It is a good bacteria and virus inhibitor, which also makes it an anti-tuberculosis food.